Web www.cincinnatirestaurantreview.blogspot.com

Cincinnati Restaurant Reviews

Cincinnati cuisine is so much more than chili. There are great restaurants in town that will provide you with exceptional food in a wonderful atmosphere. This blog is a collection of reviews and personal observations from the current Cincinnati dining scene.

Monday, June 04, 2007

Defending MY Choice of Salad

A few months ago, I listed my votes for the Best of Cincinnati poll conducted by CityBeat magazine. Under best salad, I chose Skyline Chili. For which I received a good piece of criticism.

Anonymous said...

your vote for Skyline as "best salads" negatively taints all else I will read from you- have you no shame? or have you never actually eaten fresh greens?


I gotta say, that's a fair piece of criticism. I knew when I wrote it, I might have to explain myself, or risk losing credibility. So here it is.

I love Skyline's Greek salad. I usually get it a few times a week from the Skyline Chili Mainstrasse. Lettuce, tomatoes, black olives, pepperoncini and feta cheese. Not to mention the dressing. It's a great salad. Throw in some oyster crackers, and we're good to go.

I knew that their ingredients aren't the freshest, but I enjoy the salad so much, I just had to choose it. I get it almost every day, not to list it wouldn't have been right.

Having said that, the Greek Salad at Dewey's is awesome. If it was easier to get it, and cheaper, I might have voted for it. It's a great Greek Salad.

So, sorry if I disappointed you with that choice, but I hope you'll try this salad out. You'll agree it's tasty. Maybe not as great as Dewey's, or other spots, but it's great.

What are some of your favorite salads in town?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knew salad was a hot-button subject. I think Arthur's has a fantastic salad. As salads go, it fills you up and the bread they give you to go along with it is very good.

2:34 PM  
Blogger Miss_K said...

I work in downtown, and I think Fresh has the best salads, even if they seem to have gotten rid of their fabulous tofu. They are organic, you get to choose your own toppings, and the dressings are really good and healthy. My only complaint is that their Greek dressing isn't nearly as nice as it is at Mythos.

2:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the 2 best greek salads i've had,
one hails from through the garden which is in blue ash. the other is maribelles tavern on eastern ave. they both use fresh ingredients and dressings are made from scratch
although maribelle's doesn't use a traditional greek dressing the balsamic vngt. is a great alternative.

3:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Having moved from Tarpon Springs Florida, which is known for its greek people and food. The area is rich in greek tradition and flavor, Skyline greek salad is the worst that I have tasted. My husand is from Cinci area and I actually dread it when he wants to go to Skyline.

7:35 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

oakley, nfl jerseys, converse outlet, p90x workout, baseball bats, birkin bag, lancel, jimmy choo shoes, ralph lauren, abercrombie and fitch, mcm handbags, gucci, chi flat iron, nike air max, bottega veneta, babyliss, ghd, longchamp, north face outlet, hollister, hollister, nike roshe, giuseppe zanotti, herve leger, new balance, ferragamo shoes, lululemon, soccer jerseys, asics running shoes, wedding dresses, mac cosmetics, nike trainers, vans shoes, reebok shoes, beats by dre, nike air max, vans, north face outlet, celine handbags, instyler, timberland boots, louboutin, mont blanc, soccer shoes, valentino shoes, insanity workout, ray ban, iphone cases, hollister, nike huarache

8:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

louis vuitton, moncler, moncler, canada goose outlet, canada goose outlet, louis vuitton, canada goose uk, marc jacobs, moncler, moncler outlet, swarovski, replica watches, montre pas cher, juicy couture outlet, louis vuitton, canada goose, canada goose, moncler, hollister, ugg pas cher, coach outlet, moncler, swarovski crystal, canada goose, toms shoes, moncler, pandora charms, sac louis vuitton pas cher, bottes ugg, moncler, pandora charms, links of london, juicy couture outlet, supra shoes, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, louis vuitton, ugg boots uk, wedding dresses, canada goose, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, pandora jewelry, doudoune canada goose, thomas sabo, pandora jewelry, karen millen

8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Web www.cincinnatirestaurantreview.blogspot.com